Đề kiểm tra 1 tiết tiếng Anh 11
A.Cree in pronunciation in each question.
1. A. talent B. value C. access D. donate
2. A. discrimination B. disabilities C. scholarship D. describe
B.Choose the word whose stress is different from the others.
3. A. impairment B. dictionary C. voluntary D. television
4. A. cognitive B. alphabet C. protective D. difficulty
5. A. integration B. discrimination C. international D. interpersonal
C.Choose the correct answer to each of the following questions
6. My class is very happy about the result of the English exam. Three students are in successful student list
A. That’s amazing! B. We’re happy, either C. Thank you very much D. Yes, they are
7. For American culture, a parent’s most important task is to teach their children ______.
A. to have own bedroom B. to live independently C. to eat alone D. to join charity
8. More contacts between non-disabled and disabled people will change attitudes and reduce ______ in life…
A. discrimination B. discriminating C. discriminatory D. to discriminate
9. ______ medical care and economic hardships, children with cognitive impairments face a lot of discrimination in life.
A. In my opinion B. Up to now C. In addition to D. As you know
10. Tom: There are so many skills that we need to become independent. – Jennifer: ______.
A. but I think you are right B. Well, you know it
C. Who have these skills D. Oh, really? I never thought about that
11. This is the first time she ______ such a handsome boy.
A. has been seeing B. is seeing C. saw D. has seen
12. John and I ______ at the same school, and we ______ great friends ever since.
A. studied / were B. studied / have been C. have studied / were D. have studied / have been
13. Nam has supported the campaign ______.
A. for 2 months ago B. since 2 months C. for 2 months D. since last month ago
14. Children with visual impairments at regular schools still find it ______ in all school activities.
A. hard to take part B. to take hard part C. to hard take part D. to take part hard
15. There are ______ specialized materials and tools used for disabled people such as Braille, large print books, and talking computers.
A. a variety on B. a variety of C. the variety of D. the variety on
16. Nowadays only physically or visually disabled athletes can take part in the Paralympics.
A. It’s true B. It’s false C. It’s up D. It’s possible
17. Last year I volunteered to teach at a school for people with hearing impairments and ______ a campaign to help them.
A. to launch B. launching C. have launched D. launched
18. Lien last visited a centre for children with cognitive impairments two weeks ago.
A. Lien hasn’t visited a centre for children with cognitive impairments for two weeks.
B. It’s two weeks when Lien visited a centre for children with cognitive impairments.
C. Lien visited a centre for children with cognitive impairments for two weeks.
D. This is the last time Lien visited a centre for children with cognitive impairments.
D.Choose the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions
19. Are Vietnamese children allowed to join their parents in making family choose? CHOICES
A. to join B. in making C. family choose D. Vietnamese children
20. Einstein, the father on modern physics, could not read until he was eight. OF
A. on B. physics C. until he D. the father
21. Many non-disabled people still has negative attitudes towards children with cognitive impairments. HAVE
A. cognitive B. non-disabled C. has negative D. towards
E.Choose the correct option A, B, C or D to complete this passage
Being able to take care of yourself and not having to (22) ______ on anyone else. That is what many young people (23) _______ for. However, the ability to live independently does not develop naturally: you need a number of life skills to stop relying on your parents and older siblings. Among those skills, time (24) _______ is probably the most important one. With good time management skills, you can build your confidence and (25) _______. These skills will also help you perform your daily tasks, including your responsibilities at school and at home. If you can use your time wisely, you will not feel very stressed when exam dates are approaching. You can act more independently and (26) _______, get better grades at school and have more time for your family and friends.
22. A. refer B. keep C. trust D. rely
23. A. strive B. look C. care D. call
24. A. development B. installment C. entertainment D. management
25. A. self-fulfillment B. self-esteem C. influence D. creative
26. A. daughter B. naturally C. responsibly D. couple
F.Read the following passage and choose the correct answer to each of the questions.
Welcome to Get Involved! our weekly programme about inspirational young people. Today, I’ll tell you the amazing story of an outstanding young person with a disability. Nguyen Anh was born with “glass-born disease”, a genetic disorder causing fragile bones, and had fractured bones over 30 times. She is unable to run around like her friends, and has to use a wheelchair. Despite her disability, she always has a smile on her face. She believes that she is luckier than other people with disabilities because she has many supportive friends and teachers.
Nguyen Anh has been interested in singing since an early age. Eager to join Charitable campaigns, she has been using her talent to perform at Voice of Viet Nam since she was eight. She has taken part in broadcasting radio messages to rural villagers. She has been honoured by UNICEF as an outstanding child with disabilities. Now, as a Friend of UNICEF Viet Nam, she continues to inspire others, and use her talent and determination to help children with disabilities.
She became a success when she auditioned for the television show VietNam’s Got Talent. She immediately received national and international recognition.
Her smile and kind voice will definitely continue to encourage people with disabilities to fulfill their potential. Her inspiring words are what we would like you to think about. “You can do a lot of things if people believe in you and actually treat you equally.”
27. The girl has worked with Voice of Viet Nam in ______ to people in countryside.
A. sending out radio messages B. helping child with disabilities
C. inspiring words D. using her talent to perform her voice
28. The program is called _______.
A. VietNam’s Got Talent B. Voice of Viet Nam C. Charitable campaigns D. Get Involved
29. The word “fragile” in the first paragraph refers to ________.
A. daily glass B. easily broken C. extremely soft D. quickly break
30. Due to ________, UNICEF has honoured Nguyen Anh as an outstanding child with disabilities.
A. her “glass-born disease” B. Her smile and kind voice
C. her taking part in charitable campaigns D. her disability
31. The lesson we can learn from the story is that everyone can succeed if they are ______.
A. honoured by UNICEF B. taking part in charity
C. trusted and treated equally D. encouraged after teachers and friends
32. It can be inferred from the passage that ______.
A. there are still many outstanding people B. everybody has ability of working
C. people with disabilities are part of our communities D. no one is disabled
G.SECTION C – WRITING (2 pts)
Write these sentences in English
33. Để chào mừng ngày Nhà giáo Việt Nam, ngày 18 tháng 11 trường tôi đã tổ chức đêm văn nghệ tuyệt vời tại sân trường.
34. Chúng tôi nghĩ Tam là một học sinh rất có trách nhiệm.
35. Theo bạn, những tính cách của một người độc lập là gì?
36. Trẻ em mắc chứng suy giảm nhận thức thường khó khăn trong việc hiểu bài mới.
H.Write new sentences, using the to-infinitive
37. I’ll win the race. I’m determined.
38. Don’t try to make him change his mind. It’s not easy.
39. Her teachers like her because she is always willing to learn. (willingness)
40. I agreed with him when he suggested that we should take part in more outdoor activities. (suggestion)